Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 June Maryland Bay Trip

Hello Marylanders,

I am new member here and I am looking to get out on the bay this coming Saturday morning. I was thinking either the bay bridge, Edgewater, Eastern Shore, or ideally any suggestions

I wanted to see if anyone is interested in coming out. I live near Columbia and I’ve fished most of the reservoirs in the area but I bought an Outback for the bay...

I grew up fishing the Tangier Sound by boat and I’m looking to get hooked on the Bay by kayak.

Pete
    Last edited by thatsnotaknife; 06-16-2019, 02:25 PM.

Hey, Pete. Welcome (back)! First thing I'll suggest is to avoid the Bay bridge on your first few trips. Make sure you're really comfortable with your kayak and gear. The Bay bridge is very busy with boats and there's a lot of current running in that area. The Severn is a good place to start. There's plenty of perch and small stripers to get you started. There's a lot of launches and protected waters. Jonas Green is a popular launch.

I'll be on daddy duty so I won't be able to join. I do recommend fishing with others. Especially in the beginning.
    Native Titan Propel 12
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
    Mercury 6hp
    Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
    Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

My suggestion is to download a copy of Windfinder paying close attention to the wind velocity and direction for the areas your looking to fish, then plan your days of where to fish or not accordingly.

Comment

Working...
      X