Gilbert run park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilbert run park

Any of you guys ever fish Gilbert Run Park. Thinking about taking the yak and chasing some brim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bunch of us...mostly in the Spring for put and take trout fishing...decent crappie fishing...some big female bass...several years ago I got a six pound female fishing for trout on a Mepps spinner...she should be a monster now...but be advised...lots of picnickers, kids playground, geese and ducks...it is a Parks and Recreation hotspot on Rt 6...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
      A bunch of us...mostly in the Spring for put and take trout fishing...decent crappie fishing...some big female bass...several years ago I got a six pound female fishing for trout on a Mepps spinner...she should be a monster now...but be advised...lots of picnickers, kids playground, geese and ducks...it is a Parks and Recreation hotspot on Rt 6...
      Thanks for the info. I’d definitely be interested in catching some crappie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was there last friday, water was pretty stained. Just fished from short with my kids, but only caught one sunfish. Only fished one spot on west side, though. I went kayaking with my son back in late April and did really well with large bluegills and red ear sunfish. They were shallow on the west side. I would suggest finding spots not accessible from shore. There are some good fish in there, just need to get away from the people. The little fishing piers always seem to hold bass in the evenings if you want to dry that. The launch area has a nice kayak launch. Good luck!
        Green Old Town Loon 111
        Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Working...
        X