Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank fishing near Piscataway Creek?

Howdy all,
    Not a kayak post this time (long story but my trailer couldn’t make the trip in time to leave today. So I’m here staying near Piscataway Creek right above the marina and I can’t find a pier or a friendly launch area where I can set up to bank fish for catfish carp or whatever. My father in law is with and he has a back issue so something easy (like a pier or a place w a bench) would be good. Thank you all. Tight lines.
    Doc Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of great bank fishing around there. The pier at Piscataway park has some good boards and you should bring a chair. The game is catfish there and a short cast north is your best bet. Cast to far and the rig gets caught in the ledge of the drop off. The real secret is to cast far and when you reel in do it high and fast. Avoid the snag. A simple double rig works great with small hooks. Some cheap night crawlers for bait to catch white perch for bait. Next bigger hooks on the double rig and cut up the white perch and cast it far out north corner toward the north. Good hole out there. You can do the same thing at the ramp on Marshall hall road. There is also a nice park and fish area off Warf Rd off Farmington Rd west. That place has a nice laid back feel to it and a surf rod works well. Same drill catch bait and cut it up.

Capt Mike

Comment

Working...
    X