Piney Point MD. Sunday 07/14/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point MD. Sunday 07/14/19

Wife and I fished Piney Point on Sunday 07/14/19. Great weather. On the water at 6:30. Bite was decent with 15 plus legals (some barely - all released), several dozen shorts. Multiple double headers on tandem rigs. Trolled, jigged bucktails, live lined (plenty of bait around) and cast - the usual /360s / tandem drones /etc. Had a couple milli-second shots at topwater. Naturally when the tide was ripping the bite was constant. Wanted to add that I don't know if you guys are seeing this but the last couple times out, there has been more of an oily film on the kayak. ( More than usual) Probably from the amount of run-off lately.

pp2.jpgpp1.JPGpp3.JPG
    Last edited by Fishtank; 07-15-2019, 07:26 AM.
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

Wow I guess we made the wrong decision going shallow.... Was good to see you guys. We resorted to perch......did you catch any live lining?
    I also caught this....

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
      Wow I guess we made the wrong decision going shallow.... Was good to see you guys. We resorted to perch......did you catch any live lining?
      I also caught this....

14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
        I also caught this....

Live lined when it turned off on lures but once the tide started moving the lures were back on. What is that Kevin, a ribbon fish?
        Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
        Predator 13

Comment

Kevin - That looks like an Atlantic Cutlassfish. Years ago I fished with a friend outside of St Jeromes Creek and he got one of those. It may also be called a ribbonfish or a hairtail. Nice catch.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
          X