Breton bay 7-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breton bay 7-24

Ron and I launched to a beautiful cool morning with moderate north winds at Breton Bay. We found lots and lots of willing schoolie stripers up to16” but most 11”, perch that were feeding for over 3 hours, a couple spot, and this highly confused fish.

Although nothing huge today it really felt like summer with continuous action throughout the day. Asian perch cakes for dinner for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Looks like a great place to fish
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Breton bay 7-24

Got to the launch a little early..5:20- car comes down the hill and slowly approaches...you get that uneasy feeling something ain’t right and wish you were armed...creepy the guy looked at me unloading my kayak...stared at me-weird feeling...I just kept on getting my gear ready...he finally slowly drove off...when Big Mike showed up a few minutes later I felt much safer...we launched at 5:45...didn’t take but a few minutes for Mike to say “fish on”...the school Stripers lit up the screen of the fishfinder...thick with echos...rod bent, fish on! We tried to see if there were any bigger fish...I deep jigged under the school...same result, school fish, frisky, healthy fish but 13-15 inch fish...we decided to quit and let the Stripers alone..not wanting to injure juvenile fish...put our Bass Assassin paddle tails away and grabbed our perching gear..Mike opted for Gulp while I was using my home made “perch Pounder”....it is amazing how much difference the preference of fish for lures is from location to location...last Saturday the perch were all over my Perch Pounder..not today...they only wanted the mini crankbait...the perch pounder was catching school Stripers...lots of willing perch, some nice ones, but no giants. We both had somewhat unusual “by-catches”...Mike has a bluegill, I caught two Norfolk Spots..the weather was more September than late July...nice day to get on the water..good friends, enjoyable fishing, willing fish...I went back to the school to see if the Stripers got bigger...they did 14-16 inch fish...after a few, I headed to the ramp...joining Mike headed home...

IMG_0673.jpg
      Last edited by ronaultmtd; 07-25-2019, 07:52 AM.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Good to know Mike..thanks.
        Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
        Predator 13

Comment

Any pullage is good pullage with these recent heatstroke temps!
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
          X