Slower Lower report for Monday, July 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower Lower report for Monday, July 29

The reds and Specks finally showed up...fairly small 13-14 inch fish, and tiny flounder...like 7-8 inches long...thankfully the perch are nice and fat...Stripers seem to go for my perch tackle knowing I am avoid them...I was lazy today...slept in till 6, launched at 8:20 and recovered at 12 noon...not a bad day- 16 Stripers as a by catch including two right at 19( I caught six or eight baby Stripers that were six to eight inches long today- they loved the 1/8 oz White bucktail dressed with Yumm 3 inch white curly tail on a Hilderbrandt gold jig spinner)...that is the bait most of the Stripers hit-had
    my 20 perch morning...only kept 9 (my stringer has nine clips on it)...all over 10 inches...had a crab hit a trolled bait and hung on to the boat...tore the plastic all to heck...shook it off...had one really nice fish that smoked some drag and fought really hard...don’t have a clue what it was...it definitely was a fish not a ray...good day on the water. I concentrate on fishing not picture taking...using my IPhone 7 in bright sun with polarized sunglasses makes it difficult to see what I am filming much less if there is water on the lens or if the fish is even in the picture...Big Mike says my pictures suck because I just usually hold the fish between my knees and fire away knowing I have the picture...and trying to take a picture measuring a green just-caught fish on the hog trough can cost you a fish over the side...
    This one picture of a speck is from Saturday

IMG_0690.jpgIMG_0691.jpgIMG_0692.jpgIMG_0682.jpg
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 07-29-2019, 05:10 PM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

ENVY

Great outing.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice going Ron. I am planning to kayak fish in Southern MD waters next Sat (am and pm) and Sun (am). I will fish with Walleye Pete on Friday from Solomons and spend Fri and Sat night in Lexington Park at a motel so I don't have a long ride to get to your local launch points.

I hope to encounter some of the reds and trout that you found.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        The reds and Specks finally showed up...fairly small 13-14 inch fish, and tiny flounder...like 7-8 inches long...thankfully the perch are nice and fat...Stripers seem to go for my perch tackle knowing I am avoid them...I was lazy today...slept in till 6, launched at 8:20 and recovered at 12 noon...not a bad day- 16 Stripers as a by catch including two right at 19...had my 20 perch morning...only kept 9 (my stringer has nine clips on it)...all over 10 inches...had a crab hit a trolled bait and hung on to the boat...tore the plastic all to heck...shook it off...had one really nice fish that smoked some drag and fought really hard...don’t have a clue what it was...it definitely was a fish not a ray...good day on the water.

[ATTACH]25353[/ATTACH][ATTACH]25354[/ATTACH][ATTACH]25355[/ATTACH]
        Nice job there. Glad to see things are picking up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Wow. Productive few hours.

Wife and I found a spot within two miles of our house we caught a bunch of little stuff at.

2FF321FF-06F4-4CB9-A31A-748E92662435.jpg
          6F89C3B0-941D-4AB7-9F40-C481049D6D5B.jpg

Comment

I've already found one keeper speck this year, now my goal is to find a keeper red and hopefully several keeper flounder.

Comment

Working...
            X