Trying new bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying new bait

Got my kool aid chicken ready. 2 chicken breast cut up, 2 tbsp garlic powder, 2 packs red kool aid and some star anise I steeped in hot water. Going to see in a few days if the blue cats really dig this bait or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of effort for catfish...not like they are really picky...get a bag of alewife- cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks...instant catfish bait...guarantee it will work!
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Looks like stir fry I made last week.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Str8 Yakkin,

I do most of the cooking at home. However, it will be a cold day in you know where before I cook for the fish I catch!

On the other hand, I believe having confidence in your bait/lure is a key factor in angling success. You certainly have that with your culinary creation.

Good luck and let us know how your recipe works.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Str8 Yakkin,

I do most of the cooking at home. However, it will be a cold day in you know where before I cook for the fish I catch!

On the other hand, I believe having confidence in your bait/lure is a key factor in angling success. You certainly have that with your culinary creation.

Good luck and let us know how your recipe works.
          Lol. I do all the cooking at home as well. I made sure to find some cheap frozen chicken

Comment

Come to think of it, I have "cooked" with Kool-Aid before to make lures. I need to correct myself.

Last winter, members of the Free State Fly Fishers met to dye Icelandic wool with Kool-Aid. We turned the natural white Icelandic wool into yellow, chartreuse and olive with various mixtures of Kool-Aid.

I was part of an assembly line of club members boiling water, dipping the wool into vats of Kool-Aid, rinsing and laying it out on tables to dry.

Kool-Aid makes an indelible dye. I can only wonder what it does to the innards or kids who drink it.

In any case, here are the colors we made that day:

wool.jpg

Icelandic wool is the primary material in Joe Bruce's Bullethead Darter flies. I also use to make tails on poppers.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              Come to think of it, I have "cooked" with Kool-Aid before to make lures. I need to correct myself.

Last winter, members of the Free State Fly Fishers met to dye Icelandic wool with Kool-Aid. We turned the natural white Icelandic wool into yellow, chartreuse and olive with various mixtures of Kool-Aid.

I was part of an assembly line of club members boiling water, dipping the wool into vats of Kool-Aid, rinsing and laying it out on tables to dry.

Kool-Aid makes an indelible dye. I can only wonder what it does to the innards or kids who drink it.

In any case, here are the colors we made that day:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25359[/ATTACH]

Icelandic wool is the primary material in Joe Bruce's Bullethead Darter flies. I also use to make tails on poppers.
              That’s awesome. I’ve been wanting to get into fly fishing myself. Need to do some research on a beginners rig

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Yakkin View Post
                That’s awesome. I’ve been wanting to get into fly fishing myself. Need to do some research on a beginners rig

Check us out.

http://fs-ff.com/

We welcome beginners and meet in nearby Davidsonville.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Comment

Gotta agree... looks like a lot of effort to catch fish that literally will eat anything. I'd be curious to see it up against a piece of fresh bunker. I'm guessing the bunker would win (more scent) than chicken but who knows. The color is interesting here though on the chicken. The "new" hot baits are all "salmon" colored this or that. I wonder if that is what is really working here (assuming that bait actually catches fish).

Comment

Very creative but I don't think you could go wrong using what they typically eat.

Comment

I think it will work great. In the past I have cooked up several recipes for fishing:

Carp: tube of pop-n-fresh country biscuit mix and strawberry jello. Make into little balls with a leader-ed hook inside each. To change bait use a snap swivel. Make up a dozen the night before and freeze. A twist on Boilies

Croaker: take raw shrimp and peel and cut into small chunks. sprinkle with garlic powder and kosher salt. Place in small tubberware and let sit in fridge the night before fishing. Also called Evil Dick Shrimp.

Capt Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X