Short trip to Quiet Waters park this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short trip to Quiet Waters park this morning

I only had an hour and a half to fish so I fished off the bulkhead on the river. From 0715 to 0815, I was catching so many Perch it was getting boring. They weren't little guys either, many were in the 10-11 inch range. The lure of the day was a beetle spin with a chartreuse wiggle tail. I also caught some really small Croaker on fishbites. Almost like clockwork, at 0815 the bite died and I could buy a bite.
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

I really like the serenity of QW.

Have you launched from their yak specific area? From a map it looks like a LOOONG walk from the building/parking, to the yak launch or the paddle-or-pedal rental station.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

It is a long walk and the launch is just a path just down from the Kayak/Bike rental place. You don't launch at their dock although that wouldn't be to easy either. My small 10 foot kayak isn't too bad as long as I don't pack too much in it. It is much easier to launch from Beverly Triton and just come around the cape into the river.
      John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

I launched my heavy 12.5 yak last year at qw. It's a bit of a hike but the slope is gradual and smooth. I'd do it again but with bike tires on my cart instead of the plastic hard to drag kind. It dumps out into pretty deep creek and close to the deep holes off Turkey point. For vets the park is free but doesn't open till 7. I like carrs warf for early launches.
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I never launched from Carr's wharf. It looks like it should be good fishing in there.
          John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post
            I never launched from Carr's wharf. It looks like it should be good fishing in there.
            Only problem with carrs is the lack of parking and buzzards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buzzards I can deal with, I have to live with them when I work at Sandy Point. Lack of parking, now that can be a problem.
              John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Originally posted by john from md View Post

I launched from Carrs Wharf on Mon afternoon. The fishing was very slow, in part because of low water level. The shaded shoreline spots where I had caught perch on a previous trip were too shallow yesterday. I found 3 perch interested in my spinner, but it was not a productive outing.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks John, maybe things will get better in September.
                  John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

I hit quiet waters from shore this morning 7:15-8:45 looking for a load of hefty. Threw a small spinnerbait and got about 10 perch, kept 4 that were >9". Bites all came tight to the bulkhead. A few baby stripers in the mix too.

Comment

Working...
                    X