Tangier Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tangier Classic

Anyone planning on fishing the Tangier Classic tourney September 27-29? This year, they are raising money for a local kid who was diagnosed with leukemia.

https://www.tangierclassic.com/

Is this tournament taking over for the Red-Trout tournament that CCA was typically hosted that weekend at that location?
    Brian

Comment

I’m not sure. I hadn’t heard of that one before. I just recently started tourney fishing.

Comment

It is not a replacement. Its a separate tournament. For some reason, the RedTrout Tournament is not listed on the CCA MD website this year.

Before the RedTrout tournament last year, there was philosophical difference in the direction the RedTrout tournament was headed and a few of the original founders decided to step away from the committee. The RedTrout tournament was held last year by CCA members who did not reside on the lower eastern shore and that may have proved to be too much of a hassle; I am not 100% sure. It was a smaller event than in years past, but still a fun time. However, the lack of the tournament on the CCA Maryland website would suggest that it has run its course.

With that said, there is a great group of guys running the Tangier Classic. They are people who previously ran the Red Trout tournament (in a very smooth manner). Proceeds are benefitting a local family (you can read up on it via their website). A kayak angler is on the tournament committee, so rest assured knowing we'll be heard. There is a separate kayak division, but likely also an opportunity for kayak anglers to enter other areas (i.e.- Calcuttas). For anyone unfamiliar and considering this, these events are an absolute blast. Incredible speckled trout, bull red, and striped bass fishing make this such a fun weekend. The option of a lay-day allows you to pick the two calmest days and rest up one day if need be. The food, cash payouts, and camaraderie aren't too bad either.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
          For some reason, the RedTrout Tournament is not listed on the CCA MD website this year.
          That's what made me think that it wasn't happening this year. I don't think I can fish this one anyway. I'll be single dad with the wife out of town for work. It's like a broken record for me on that weekend every year - I can rarely fish these things!
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
            That's what made me think that it wasn't happening this year. I don't think I can fish this one anyway. I'll be single dad with the wife out of town for work. It's like a broken record for me on that weekend every year - I can rarely fish these things!
            I can’t fish it either. Might as well hand the cash to Gary!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I’ve been a long time lurker on this forum but I figured I’d change that by saying that I’ll be fishing it in the kayak division. The tangier/Pocomoke has always been one of my favorite areas to fish and I figured since I have time this year I might as well fish the tournament. Was disappointed to hear that red trout wasn’t happening but from what I understand this will draw about the same crowd. Look forward to meeting some people down there!
              Hobie Revo 13

Comment

Welcome aboard, Dusky. You'll have a great time fishing this. It'll be a first class event with great people and excellent fishing. I wish I could fish it. Enjoy yourself!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                X