Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a fishing report from Piney Point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a fishing report from Piney Point?

Hi All,

I have a lady friend and her Son converging on Piney Point tomorrow with 2 Outbacks looking for fish. Does anyone have any suggestions? What to use, where to go? One of the Outbacks (and users) will be making its maiden voyage. They are excited and hopeful to find fish. They are not particular on what they catch and I would say quantity is probably more important than quality.

Thanks!
    Eric

slow day last weekend, less schoolie stripers than during the M&G, but weather was beautiful. crabs were plentiful this past weekend too. goodluck this weekend.
    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Fishing has been so so at PP the past week. Obviously the bridge has the potential to hold fish any time there is current moving but it’s best at first light. I’ll troll a 1/4 to 1/2 oz jighead with chartreuse or pearl 4” paddletail on both sides of the bridge and back and forth thru it. If they throw perch lures they can be found on the rip rap on both sides. If that isn’t working I’ll troll no heavier than a 1/4 oz jighead on the Potomac flat going towards the big blue house on the left. As you get close to the house there’s a bunch of big rocks laying on the bottom and fish sometimes hold over them. Throw Gulp (3” swimming minnow in white or chartreuse) or perch baits at the riprap around the blue house, can be productive. Finally if they look towards the gas docks from the bridge they should see an abandoned pound net a little over a half mile out. Fish hard baits or jig heads around the pound net poles.

If too windy on Potomac side then head straight across the creek and try for perch along the banks. Grassy in there so can be frustrating to fish right now.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Thanks a bunch Mchottie and Big Mike. Great feedback!! I'll give an after action report.

Comment

Feedback...

The crabs were a little tougher than usual and made MOC and I put our time in. We ended up happy but tired. Barb and Alex had a fun time fishing and enjoying the water. Piney Point is a beautiful location! Barb caught some Croaker but didn't really give a varsity effort on the WP and Rockfish. Everyone had a great time and plan to be back real soon.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday Kayak day also,
          Eric

Comment

Working...
          X