Severn labor day fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn labor day fun

Took my son out for some crabbing and fishing on the Severn and we had a great trip. Set a half dozen crab traps but didn't get them as deep as I would have liked since we got a later start. We ended up with 7 #1 jumbos and 2 softcrab bonuses primarily netted off pier pylons and only one in the traps after we were able to move them out a little deeper.

Fishing was great too with several nice sized perch and a couple striper. Our biggest striper was just a hair over 19" and we put him back. My son also had three other fish on his little dock demon that screamed drag and broke the line. Thinking either more striper or catfish.

Came home and grilled up the crabs and some perch "on the half shell" for lunch!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Outstanding! You are a great father!

Comment

Looks like he had a blast. The Severn has been great for perch lately. I ended up bringing some home yesterday for dinner.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Way to go Ryan. Your son seems to be enjoying the outdoor life.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That's awesome! He looks like he's a pro at it already!
          Brian

Comment

Your son has caught nicer stripers in the Severn than many of us on this forum this year, me included.

Congratulations to you both.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thanks all. Also have to thank my new found favorite bait peeler crab. I'm not sure why I've never tried it, but in two separate recent trips to the Severn it's been like magic...
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Great pics. Your son makes those crabs look like a foot across from point to point.
                Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
                X