Greenwell State Park and ? on Cat Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenwell State Park and ? on Cat Creek

Picked a random spot and drove down yesterday with the wife. Greenwell has a kayak launch, but you need a cart to get to it, as you can't drive down to it...quite the cove....tons...and I mean tons of bait fish were schooling and larger perch were having a buffet. I have never seen that many fish before....I had nothing for them....I tried small spinners, small prepackaged minnows and flies...pulling them through the schools, you could feel them all running into the lures and lines...I did manage one small perch and one small striper when we walked to the other side of the park and were casting off the rocks...same thing...massive massive bait balls being harassed by perch. Awesome to see. Great afternoon being out with my wife. So, given all the access points to the Patuxent, has anyone tried Cat Creek? It is next to Cape St. Mary's Marina....I'm trying to find quick kayak spots without driving all the way down to the southern end of Maryland. I'm also trying to expand my fishing repertoire. I am out of my element if it isn't completely fresh water or land locked....
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

I’ve not fished there, going to be more of a catfish and perch spot than stripers and other fish. Just as close to you as Greenwell is Clark’s Landing. We’ve been catching some nice stripers amongst the schoolies. Decent perch fishing and right now some juvenile flounder if you want a change of pace.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      I’ve not fished there, going to be more of a catfish and perch spot than stripers and other fish. Just as close to you as Greenwell is Clark’s Landing. We’ve been catching some nice stripers amongst the schoolies. Decent perch fishing and right now some juvenile flounder if you want a change of pace.
      Thank you Sir. I will give it a look....and I did. Wow...lots of directions to choose from....forward, back, left, right...bound to be fish there for sure...the more options (directions and fish) the better.
      Last edited by clm; 09-10-2019, 07:03 AM.
      Hobie Outback
      Stand Up Paddle Board
      Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
      X