Slower Lower report- Piney Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slower Lower report- Piney Point

Big Mike and I launched at first light Monday morning...full moon...big balls of bait everywhere...caught two small American Shad on small trolled Tony Pet Spoon at the bridge...a small tailor Bluefish, two white perch, a small Speckled Trout, bunch of very small school Stripers and and a lizard fish...beautiful day...but all dink’s...too much bait, full moon...wanted to let you all know that we have less than fantastic days on the water...not every trip is epic.

IMG_0780.JPG
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Thanks for the report Ron. I also went out this weekend. Sunday and Monday evening. Sunday was much more productive. We were catching healthy rock in the 17" range. Monday, nothing broke the 12" mark. Both days were in the same stretch of the St. Mary's. The rest of the catch consisted of white perch and lizard fish. My buddy did foul hook a menhaden, which was 6-7". Lots of bait around. I've been surprised by the number of lizard fish here as of late. Are others seeing them in numbers?20190915_212959.jpg
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

I second that Ron, not every day down there is consistently good. Fished St. Clements Island and Heron Bar Sunday morning. Plenty of bait but it was the first time there this year I did not see birds working on a schools throughout the day. Yes, there were a bunch of shorts but not nearly in the numbers I've been seeing. I did get a 22” at Heron Bar.
      Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
      Predator 13

Comment

Working...
      X