9/22 Snek Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/22 Snek Mission

A friend scouted some new water Saturday, and called me that night asking if I wanted to pre-fish targeting sneks around an area he plans to fish for an up-coming tournament. We launched by 7am and fished until 5pm, I picked up a 26" 6lb'r around 930am and then while pedaling / talking / casting I picked up a 19" 2lb'r (while in motion). He had taken me to an area he has fished hard, and luckily he wasn't mad I was the only one catching, as rounding out 430pm he was still on the skunk. We hit one last cove before returning to the launch to haul-out, and he NAILED a 10lb'r that made my 26" look like small fries. I think it was the long day of slogging along and then the rush of adrenaline, he forgot to get a length before returning it to the waters. Pictured below is my 6lb on his bump board, and then his 10lb on the grippers. I also caught an awesome sunburn on the last day of summer...

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Always nice when a plan comes together!
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I recognize that particular species of lily pad that only grows in one creek in Maryland, but your secret is safe with me. You can PM me the location so we can confirm I was correct.

Well done. I can tell you, no way I could do 10 hours in my kayak so you have my full respect.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

You have to be a healthy young fellow to spend 10 hours in a yak! Well done from a guy who at the most can do 5.
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

10 hours ain’t too bad if you are resting comfortably in an adjustable Hobie seat and can occasionally stand up to take care of “business”...but six or seven hours of trolling in a Hobie is an endurance, Ironman competition normally reserved for youth...pulled a six hour marathon last Thursday with Whenican...and needed two days of rest before going again...too much for this old man...hats off to you for the catches of those big snakes...tasty critters, too!
          Last edited by ronaultmtd; 09-24-2019, 04:50 PM.
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice work on the snakeheads. Your buddy got a whopper.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
            X