Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coastal Flooding = Great Fishing ( Tangier)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastal Flooding = Great Fishing ( Tangier)

Have coastal flooding today and yesterday and the fish must hear the dinner bell because as soon the lure hits the water your on. Heading back out this morning with low tide already at a normal high tide line ready for another good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
    Have coastal flooding today and yesterday and the fish must hear the dinner bell because as soon the lure hits the water your on. Heading back out this morning with low tide already at a normal high tide line ready for another good day.

Had some really hide tides the last couple of days good thing about it was we could just paddle down the road to the next spot. Here are some pics of the weekend fishing with Clubhorn, and my two boys. Found some nice fat specks and a couple 20” class stripers but most were in the 16” to 18” range.

Comment

Gorgeous sunset over there, definitely looks like GODS COUNTRY
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Quality specks. Catch any “road” fish?
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Great to see! Thanks!

Comment

Wow! As somebody that recognizes the spots in your pictures, I can really appreciate just how high those tides are. I've seen water on the road edges there by the bridges, but nothing like that. I hope nobody had any property damage from the flooding.
            Brian

Comment

I fished that area Monday (the south side of your area) and the tides were back to normal. But like you, fishing was still good. Not as many specks as I was catching back in September, but more striper than back then. A bunch of perch too.

I found 3 specks on the grass beds, lots of dink striper (14" - 16") in open water, bigger striper (up to 26") way, way up in the creeks and marsh, and lots of 10 - 11" perch up in the back ends of the marsh ponds. I ended up keeping 14 perch and probably could have kept twice that many had I wanted to. I spent a lot of time in open water working the grass beds for specks, but up in the tiny creeks on outgoing tide was the place for striper. The best part of the day was standing up on the kayak and watching the packs of stripers fight for my lure cast after cast in crystal clear water up in the creeks. I couldn't believe how many fish were jammed into the little holes at the mouths of the secondary feeder creeks.

DSCF2479.jpgDSCF2475.jpgDSCF2472.jpgDSCF2477.jpg
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X