Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Janes Island State Park/Chrisfield (not a fishing report)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janes Island State Park/Chrisfield (not a fishing report)

I've never fished around Crisfield, much less in late Oct/early Nov - I'm going to have a window where I can go down for a weekend here soon and I'd like to capitalize on it. What species should I expect this time of year? I'm assuming the standard jighead/bucktail and a paddle tail/gulp will work for just about everything?
    - Justin
    2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
    2018 Jackson Coosa

Stripers and blues for sure will still be biting good. Maybe some perch and hopefully some specks will stick around into November. Puppy drum are a possibility too, but I haven't heard of a few this year from that area.

The jighead and soft plastic combo is always a winner. Topwater, jerkbaits, metal, and even a popping cork aren't bad options to have along too.
    Let us know how you do and good luck!
    Brian

Comment

A good place to learn to fish those shallow eastern shore tidal creeks and flats. I suggest also taking some 1/8 & 1/4 oz spinner baits. The perch pounder spinner baits can be deadly and hold well in the shallow water column even with a medium slow retrieve. I've seen fish charge from 50' away to nail these things. The Pp's hold up quite well to the schoolie stripers, which occasionally push the 30" mark. good luck.

Comment

Thanks guys!
        - Justin
        2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
        2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Working...
        X