Last Kayak Crabbing for the Year 10/19/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Kayak Crabbing for the Year 10/19/2019

Here is my last kayak crabbing outing for the year.... I did manage a bushel of crabs, but I had to work for them.

MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Great crabbing video Moc, you make it look so easy on a kayak. Thanks for sharing.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Moc- The “Crab Whisperer” and one of my mentors who showed me the ropes when I was clueless...notice the old guys, the main “ posters” on this forum have slowed down...the greatest thing about “Snaggedline” is the knowledge base of kayak fishing and the generosity of the members sharing their experiences..not the money making aspects of turning a hobby into a paying job, but the sheer fun and enjoyment of the sport. Great that folks become sponsored “team” members acknowledging their skills...but the pureness of a new to the sport poster letting us know how much pleasure they see in their development in kayak fishing...we all started some where, sharing our experience is what keeps this forum alive...and from where I see, there is less sharing...Moc is one of the “old hands”...thank you to all who share...makes for some great reads...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks for sharing some of your tactics. As Ron noted, some of the early members of Snaggedline, like you Martin, do not post as often as in the early years. It is good to hear from you.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks everyone, I feel the same about all of you. I learned a lot from you too. I like to post from time to time just to give those who are new to the sport some information that they might find useful. I wish I had those resources when I was first starting out with my Wilderness System Tarpon. How to fish or crab and tactics is what I feel is important. Not so much as where the honey hole it.
          2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

I have learned a lot and really appreciate your videos/posts. Both from the midwinter just wanting to watch someone dip a crab net to the learning helpful advise (such as where you try to soak your lines at different times of the year, or your recipes). Please keep em coming. I didn't manage to get out crabbing this year(ugh) but have a 1200 foot trotline ready for next year. Lol I said that last year.
            -Justin

Comment

Originally posted by thedutchtouch View Post
              I have learned a lot and really appreciate your videos/posts. Both from the midwinter just wanting to watch someone dip a crab net to the learning helpful advise (such as where you try to soak your lines at different times of the year, or your recipes). Please keep em coming. I didn't manage to get out crabbing this year(ugh) but have a 1200 foot trotline ready for next year. Lol I said that last year.
              Thanks Justin. The afternoon crabbing this year really helped me get out. I have been out more than I post, only because it takes so much time to make the videos, that I enjoy doing.
              2016 Hobie Outback LE

Comment

Working...
              X