Piney Point was dandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point was dandy

Absolutely stunning morning at Piney Point for late October. Virtually no wind and 65 degree air temp at 7AM. Threw out my 4” paddle tail in pearl and chartreuse and headed towards a favorite flat. Didn’t take long before I had my rod bent and the reel telling me this was no schoolie. I was surprised that it was only a 19” fish, fought much much bigger. Next one was a 24”. And so it went for the next 45 minutes, just drag burning fun. Before they left I had 6 over 20” and another 6 or so in high teens.

Headed off to the “chimney” area as the tide neared low. Picked up 3 more random fish and a nice perch. By then it was dead low and no current so called it a morning. I was greeted by DNR back at the ramp and once he knew I was C&R it was more a discussion about lures and spots, I think I probably spot burned.

My kind of football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Nice going Mike. I am trying to find some time from work to do some CR on the rockfish.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Good to hear that Piney Point produced well for you. In my two visits to that area this summer, I did not have much success. I guess your local knowledge helps too.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice Mike. Been following the threads, will contribute a report shortly. Up late due to the Nats.
        Tight lines
        Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
        Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
        Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
        Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Yep, local knowledge of the areas, trolling speed for the optimal action of a 4 inch Bass Assassin on a 1/4 oz Jighead and the subtle features of our “flats” that make certain areas of them produce while other folks troll right beside you without a bump...and sometimes it is just the way you hold your mouth that catches fish...luck favors the prepared...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
          X