St. Mary's River/St. Inigoes Report 10-28-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Mary's River/St. Inigoes Report 10-28-19

I've spent the last month moving, so I haven't been able to post much or get out fishing. I've been following the other threads about posting and the current state of SL, so here is my little contribution. In the last four weeks, I've only been able to get out one day: 10-28-19. I set out at 3:00 PM with two buddies, who aren't on SL. We spent the afternoon primarily trolling. We fished until dark and as the wind picked up, headed into the lee. We all caught at least two rocks, none larger than 16-17". One buddy managed a 9-10" white perch and I landed a lizard fish. I landed all my fish on a 1/4 oz. red jig head on a Stinky Pink (On a side note, I find the name of some of these baits/plastics ridiculous and hilarious) Bass Assassin paddle tail. My friends were using 1/2 oz. white red tipped boxing gloves with chartreuse hair. I believe one had a white/chart gulp paddle tail and my other buddy had an off brand chart curly tail. We tried top water at some points, with no success. We were probably catching in 5' of water or so, but can't confirm as I am currently without electronics. This is a situation I plan on remedying at some point during the winter, when I install a Garmin Striker 5. We mainly trolled near banks and across points. As I am writing this report after the fact, it seems Ron had a much more productive outing the next day; which I am glad to hear. I "plan" on getting out in the next week or so, and am curious what effect the change in weather and steadily decreasing water temps mean for fishing. Tight lines.
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

I forgot to add pictures of the totally sweet rod holders, inspired by Ron, built by my buddy. Their maiden voyage was Monday and we got the skunk off of them in short order.20191028_150532.jpg20191028_155931.jpg
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Hot rod holders. I went back to Piney Point this morning under much different conditions than Monday. Obviously much colder and blue bird skies instead of overcast. Launched at 7 and we already had moving current , which surprised me with a forecast high at 6:58. I went back to the same spot and hooked a fat 24” fairly quickly. After that it was much slower than Monday although I did manage 3 more fish right at 20. All fish appeared to be swimming solo with no obvious school action anywhere. Figure I’ve got maybe one or two trips left before water is too cold for me.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Wow you won't lose those rod holders in the garage! Awesome!
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
        X