Another Fall Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Fall Summary

Roctober Stunk! Usually I do very well in October but not this year. So I kayak fished in 3 states, fished a couple times on my friends boat and fished from shore a couple times in October and caught very few fish. My two kayak outings in MD. were in the Bush river. I had heard a good report about an evening bite but couldn't fish the evening. I went once in the morning and once at lunch time and caught a total of 2 schoolies and one channel cat. I also went down to Cape Henlopen and fished the inner wall for tog and sheepshead. I caught a couple large oyster toads and that was it. I also went to Florida for 5 days. I did go off shore and we couldn't fish long because we were in a small boat and the winds were blowing strongly but we did get a couple nice grouper and snapper. I did fish some beaches while in Florida and I was getting Lizard fish about every 3rd or fourth cast with a few Lady fish thrown in. I also went up to Sarasota and rented some Kayaks for my nephews and I. We fished for 4 hours in an area I have never been to before. I caught one small snook,, a couple mangrove snappers, a PB lady fish that was really big and more lizard fish. However November has been very good just not in a kayak. The first weekend in November I was going to take my Kayak to Susquehanna, I heard the fish were biting well. I am glad I didn't go for two reasons. 1 a heavy rain ruined the fishing at the Susky and 2 my friend invited me out on his nice center console that he keeps in the south river. We ended up in the Choptank and I probably caught at least 50 fish. I only measured a couple and they were all around 20" except a couple larger ones including Nice 31 incher. My friends brother lives down near the Choptank and he heard I did very well so he invited me out with him this past weekend On his friends boat. We had a very good day but the fish were smaller except I got two 26" fish and a 32" fish. I am planning a tog trip in my kayak in the next couple weeks and that might be it for kayak fishing this year but you never know. October was bad but I did get some nice fish this year31 r.jpg32.5r.jpg

Local tidal fishing was a challenge this year for me. When it comes to legal stripers from my kayak, I learned why it's called fishing, not catching. You persevered and traveled to pursue your passion. Lady Fish get little respect from the locals in FL but I think they are lots of fun. Then you were rewarded with an excellent striper outing in the Choptank. Congratulations. Nice report.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Those are some nice fish! Glad you were able to find some success this fall.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Congrats on some nice fish. Good to see those mid twenties and a couple 30s being caught. Debating a trip mid Potomac this weekend and this kind of pushes me towards giving it a go. Pet peeve... It's ok to short arm those mid twenty plus fish. We will all still believe you when you give the measurements and it makes for a much more natural looking photo. Seems like nobody takes a natural picture anymore even with a big fish (admittedly I am still guilty of this as well on occasion).

Comment

Dig it. I love the photos and look forward to more in your future trip reports.

Comment

RockVember doesn't have the nice ring to it, but those are some quality fish pics!!!
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Thanks, am thinking about a tog trip this weekend but I heard mid 30's and rain on Saturday so might put it off to another weekend

Comment

Working...
              X