9/29 Broad Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/29 Broad Creek

I made it down to Neavitt Landing this morning at 7:30. I had action as soon as I put the yak in the water. Saw some fish breaking so I started throwing topwater. I caught 6 blues right off the bat. They were all all around 13-14 inches. I left the school of breaking fish and ventured down the shoreline. Caught some small Rock no bigger than the popper I was using. Finally had a bigger boil up and it ended up doing a tail dance across the water, small spec about 7 inches. Hit another spec and it was almost 12 inches. Continued down the bank fishing grass, wood, and docks. I had one explode of an edge of a dock, but it was a good fish. Finally hooked up on a good fish and had him up to the yak but couldn't land it. It was a speck close to 20 inches. I ended up catching 3 smaller specks on top water. I switched to throwing a lil bunker jig since it was almost 11:00 and the top bite slowed down. I ended up catching 3 more blues.

Should be getting my ff installed by tomorrow night and I will be ready to go on Saturday. Picked up a couple popping corks on the way home which I will try out on Saturday
    Attached Files

Nice report! Sounds fun
    Sun Fishin'

Comment

Those specks were pretty greedy. Sounds like an excellent day.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
      X