Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Susquehanna Yellow Perch (01/10/20-01/11/20)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susquehanna Yellow Perch (01/10/20-01/11/20)

On Friday and Saturday, I spent a few hours fishing for Yellow Perch in the lower Susquehanna using live minnows. The winds were significantly lighter than the predicted forecast, which made for two comfortable trips. Many other folks were out fishing, enjoying the fun light tackle offerings and comfortable mid-January weather. I caught about 50 between the two days of fishing with most fish averaging 6-8.5". Three were keepers, which I look forward to trying for the first time.
    4D2EF076-6A74-4A5E-9B79-BD0D72D712C3.jpg
    J

Don’t know what minnows cost these days but I’m guessing the dollar per pound cost of 3 keepers is high. Having said that envious of lots of pullage. Glad you got out.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice Jman thinking about giving that a try myself

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        Don’t know what minnows cost these days but I’m guessing the dollar per pound cost of 3 keepers is high.
        I found a shop that carries them close to the river for about $10 a pint I think. I would net them if they were visible, like they are in the summer. I am keeping them in a 2.5 gallon bucket with an aerator, but they staged a coup the other night when I had too much water in the bucket..
        J

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
          Nice Jman thinking about giving that a try myself
          Definitely a lot of fun even when they are short. Some nice-sized cats have been pulled out recently too.. Couple of +35" blues and flats the past two weeks. Feel free to PM if you want a buddy out there.
          J

Comment

Working...
          X