Winter Panfish Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Panfish Report

Within the past several weeks I've been able to take advantage a few fishing opportunities at different locations between the Snow Hill and Berlin areas to do some wintertime fishing. I've mostly been using a combination of casting jigs tipped with minnows or floating a minnow tipped jig under a bobber. Some days have been better than others, but for the most part the perch, crappie, and pickerel bite has been good. Plus a few bass and a carp for bonus points. Fishing the channel edges has been the most productive areas. Just keep moving until you find a few fish.

I've been letting most go, but a few have been coming each trip for fresh meals

GOPR0120.jpgGOPR0082.jpgGOPR0066.jpgGOPR0076.jpgGOPR0073.jpgGOPR0115.jpgGOPR0107.jpg
    Brian

Nice catches. I am glad that panfish are available to get us through the cooler months. I notice the small red twister tail w/chartreuse tail in one of your photos. I often throw that tail on a 1/8-oz or 1/16-oz jighead. It attracts a lot of attention.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice catch on that carp! Thanks for the trip report and photos.

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
        I notice the small red twister tail w/chartreuse tail in one of your photos. I often throw that tail on a 1/8-oz or 1/16-oz jighead. It attracts a lot of attention.
        It does. But just about any color or style (stinger tails, tubes, or curly tails) have all seemed to work equally as well for me. The minnow is what makes the difference most times.
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X