Night fishing when / were / how

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night fishing when / were / how

jUST WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS AN EXPERIENCE NIGHT FISHING IF SO FROM WERE? WHEN? AND WHATS THE BEST TYPE OF BAIT OR FISH TO FISH FOR ?

You may want to try Baltimore harbor for rockfish next to the well lit ships and piers. Use castmasters and white flukes but beware of small blues.

Comment

I would pick somewhere with a lot of lights the first time you go. More importantly, I would make sure I was familiar with the area in the day time before I fished it at night.

I was fishing St. Jerome's Creek one evening, and it got dark and foggy on my way back in. There aren't many lights there, and it was going to be a long, cold night if I hadn't finally gotten my bearings and found my way back to the launch. Since then, I take compass bearings on my way out to prominent landmarks. I continue to do that even after I got a GPS.

The HRBT is well lit, and the fishing there is good. The night fishing under the Coleman bridge by Yorktown, VAs was good back in the day, but I haven't been there since moving to MD. I don't know of many places in MD with good light lines.

There are a lot of lights along the Patuxent River by Solomons. I don't fish at night much, but it's usually dark when I return from fishing in the evening. There are some lit docks that occasionally hold fish, but I haven't had that much luck fishing after dark, even for croaker. I've heard there are some lit docks on the Severn that can be productive, but I haven't fished those myself.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
      X