Lake with my DAD, New PErsonal Best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake with my DAD, New PErsonal Best

So I took my dad out for his first time on the kayak. I think he liked it but didn't have any luck catching, he said he had some and lost some and missed a few hits on the topwater. I just told him it takes a little getting used to being on a kayak. He was on the COOSA, more stability.

To the real fishing report!!

Slow start as this colder weather has moved in, but I caught some smaller fish to start with two 14.5/14.25 and a few smaller to start. I lost a few that felt a little nicer.

Then bam... hooked a biggun' then lost him. Then I pelted my crank back at that area numerous times then finally got another strike. Made this one count, a 19 incher and fat!!

Then about 20 minutes later I made a nice cast, just where I would think a fish would be, immediately as I lifted the rod tip to begin the retreive BAMMMM....

This one was bigger!!! my 3rd total Citation, and 2 LMB in a month. This topped my first, same length this this fish was much fatter... I estimate at 8-10lbs. This fish also had a tail still sticking out of its throat. Must of really been hungry.

Ended with a total 15 or so fish, Dad had 0. Guess I'll have to charge him to give him some lessons. haha
    Attached Files

Good stuff man! I have only fish with my Father once(he hates the water) but it was a ball... he'd probably die in a kayak!

MYT

Comment

matt, that body of water is outstanding based on the reports i've read from you!! good numbers of fish plus big fish too!! NICE!!!! gotta like that!!! ""bent rods and tight lines always my friend!!

Comment

That fish is a pig! Literally, since it wasn't even finished one meal and was going for another. I really need to make bass trip before it gets too cold...
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Good job, but didn't see where you fished.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
            Good job, but didn't see where you fished.
            My private pond in sunderland, MD.

Comment

Man, Matt, I'm jealous of your lake there. You get a personal best almost every time out. That's excellent.
              Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
              Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
              X