Great Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Morning

Not a prolific poster but had a great morning running into Big Mike down here in SOMD. He kept me from being skunked, convincing me away from my stubborn trolling ways. Switched to jigging metal on the bottom and had fish on quickly. Lost my red-hot gold Kastmaster to the biggest catfish I’ve seen in a very long time, broke me off when it got to the surface. Switched to silver and it all stopped. Great to catch up with Big Mike and meet Joe and Katie as well. Looking forward to seeing the fellas soon.

Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Doug

2017 Hobie Outback

It was great running into you as well. SMOG was running into folks all day around the county, really enjoyable. It was indeed an odd day of fishing. They wouldn’t hit a trolled bait today, ignored them completely. Drop a gold metal jig to the bottom and they couldn’t stay off it. Just shows how we need to be open to changing our game plan, and it’s hard, like most I’m stubborn. I’m guessing the cold nights kept them deep the last couple days.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Funny you mention that Mike. I passed Yak67 this morning on my way to work. Went fishing this evening with some friends, each in our own kayak. We all caught some nice sized perch and smaller rock. Largest rock seen tonight was 21.5". Mostly trolling, but I did mention jigging to my buddies.
      Tight lines
      Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
      Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
      Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
      Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Nice to meet you as well Doug, I’m glad you were able to get the skunk off. I was really hoping to see that catfish. I landed a ~5lb channel cat on a spoon. I thought it was a really nice striper for a second.
        Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Bluefish have moved into the lower slower. 95% sure I had a red drum near the boat as well, the tail shape wasn’t right for a rockfish. But didn’t land it or get definitive look. Good start to the year down here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice report Mike. Went out this evening. The next 48 hours are going to be like waiting for Christmas morning.IMG_20200514_175123_971.jpg
            Tight lines
            Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
            Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
            Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
            Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Working...
            X