Lower Shore Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Shore Report

My wife and I fished the outgoing tide on the lower Eastern shore. Our target species was speckled trout, but we figured stripers would be around as well. We paddled a long way before we found clear water. Floating grass was a issue in most spots, but we found what we were after. She got the better of me with the biggest two fish of the day, and ended up with her first keeper trout. We finished the day with two keeper trout, a few 20”+ stripers, and tons of shorts. Slow-trolled paddletails were the ticket, although some stripers came on topwater at sunset. A day like this makes the two and a half hour drive home a little easier.
    E1E42A3D-F7B3-4D1E-8429-9A564B6EE7AA.jpg 9168FF5D-6313-468D-93C0-D9397045B491.jpg 15C0F791-6DE4-4690-9188-1ECD3EC1009F.jpg E1EAE1A5-810C-426D-873F-7A9BAECC1851.jpg AA2AD30E-0444-4109-AAED-A18F0A5CB508.jpg
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Spectacular day! Those are some quality trout and stripers to. Well done.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Thanks Mike! They were big, heathy fish. Katie came very close to landing the biggest trout I’ve ever seen in person, came off right at the boat. We will definitely be giving it another shot one day soon.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Thanks for the report. It could be a good year for specs.

In case you don't want to drive that far, there is good striper fishing now closer to the Bay Bridge. John Rentch and I did well on Sat out of Goodhands Creek. Today we launched at a different launch that was not too far distant. We had calm seas, outgoing tide, and a strong bite. I caught over 30 stripers while trolling for 3.5 hours. John R. had a banner day and caught some other species too.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That is an incredible day of fishing, what’s great about the Mrs. having a banner day is that she may be wanting to go more often! Thank you for the report.
          Tim M. Elliott
          Pasadena
          Pelican Boost Angler 100, Garmin Striker 4

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            Thanks for the report. It could be a good year for specs.

In case you don't want to drive that far, there is good striper fishing now closer to the Bay Bridge. John Rentch and I did well on Sat out of Goodhands Creek. Today we launched at a different launch that was not too far distant. We had calm seas, outgoing tide, and a strong bite. I caught over 30 stripers while trolling for 3.5 hours. John R. had a banner day and caught some other species too.
            It’s funny you mentioned that John. We fished from a different Kent Island launch yesterday evening and the bite was very slow. We managed a handful of fish each, with the biggest being 19”. We covered a lot of water and saw very few baitfish and no striper schools on the depth finder. In the last two years, the Kent Island launches have been very boom or bust for me. Some days are outstanding, and others are a struggle to find anything. I’m glad you were able to locate some quality fish.
            Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Elliott View Post
              That is an incredible day of fishing, what’s great about the Mrs. having a banner day is that she may be wanting to go more often! Thank you for the report.
              Thanks Tim. While not as crazy about fishing as I am, she almost always goes out with me, and often outfishes me. We have a competition every year to see who can catch more unique species of fish.
              Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Nice report. Timely too as I have my gear loaded up for specks and had planned to head over that way later this evening after work.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by rugbyfish View Post
                  Thanks Tim. While not as crazy about fishing as I am, she almost always goes out with me, and often outfishes me. We have a competition every year to see who can catch more unique species of fish.
                  And so often that’s the way it goes it seems, the spouse always catches the most and biggest fish! That’s awesome that you two have a competition like that.
                  Tim M. Elliott
                  Pasadena
                  Pelican Boost Angler 100, Garmin Striker 4

Comment

Working...
                  X