Point Lookout for Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Lookout for Trout

I met up with Doug (mojopod) for a 5:15 launch at PLO. Later on Viet and his friend Mike joined us so it was like a mini M&G. My usual cohorts we’re fishing other spots in the county and I’ll let them chime in, or not. We came looking for trout as we’ve caught tons of quality rocks this year and were looking for the change of pace. Didn’t take long for me to get my wish, about 10 minutes in I had a fat 20” trout in the boat. I took a picture but realized my shirt had risen up my belly and, well, you guys won’t see it.

Things were quite fogged in for most of the morning. Here’s Doug in a gray on gray portrait.

We soon after found a school of 15-18” rocks that made for enjoyable fun but we wanted trout. By this time Viet and Mike had joined us and after they played with the school we went searching. Pretty soon Mike had a 20” trout, then I got an 18 1/2”, and Mike got another at 18”. Viet got a short and now Doug was beginning to steam, was he cursed? Very quickly he had a fatty 18-20” trout at the boat that threw the hook, code red starting at that point. Finally landed a short and then had another quality fish throw itself off at the boat. Three of us headed in while Doug stayed out and found some 20-22” rock to round out the day. Pearl with the chartreuse tail was the go to today. Here’s Viet and Mike with some trout, I’ll never win a photojournalism prize.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Thanks for the report Mike. Glad you guys had a great time. The recent reports from the southern MD area really make me want to come down one day. I think I probably do that sometime soon.
    Daniel

Feelfree Lure 11.5

Comment

Amazing morning in the fog. Big Mike said it all, lots of fat 15-22” stripers south of the lighthouse and the excitement of trout. They got the best of me today but it was great seeing the fellas with some really nice specks. Outgoing tide was a real player, fish were very active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Doug

2017 Hobie Outback

Comment

We got it the trout across the bay too. Lots of hawgs were around the sound for the taking. Here was a couple of speck my boys picked up Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That big one looks like it swallowed a cell phone. Shaping up to be a good speck year.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Awesome reports guys, those are some nice fish. I can’t wait to get back out.
            Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Very nice specks. Thanks for the report Mike.
              MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
              2016 Hobie Outback LE
              Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
              https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Just wanted to post a quick follow up. Great to see Mike and Doug yesterday. Good times in the fog. The morning trip was definitely more productive than our evening trip. Evening trip was mostly schoolies, perch, and a lone 13" spec. Perch bite was great.
                Tight lines
                Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
                Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
                Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
                Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Working...
                X