Fishing out of town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing out of town

I’m looking at making a trip to either southern Maryland or lower eastern shore area. I’ve never been fishing in either location so was wondering if anyone would mind a tag along or point me in the right direction. I would like to catch some sea trout and or puppy redfish ( I’ve never caught either ) if they are around and just take a field trip for change of scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is never a guarantee of your target fish cooperating no matter which area you decide to go. We have had some early success in Southern Maryland, but you gotta work hard for these fish- I have to say the vast majority of the specks have been really quality fish, but in three recent trips I have only caught two specks, lots of stripers but only two speckled trout and no redfish. That said when you find specks they usually congregate and you can fill a limit pretty quickly. Big trout over 20 inches are full of eggs right now and we normally release them so they can spawn. But no one faults anyone who keeps a legal speck. Good luck and I hope you are successful. FYI-Lower Eastern Shore closer to the Virginia line always produces the most trout and puppies...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I was thinking of doing the same. I have been successful in NC on a Carolina skiff and never gone after them on a yak. Don't care if it's stipper flounder reds specs just want to get into some inshore fishing. I have one weekend and one weekday off so if there is a date a few people want to go I'll request off.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes I realize fishing is never a guarantee. I just would like to try and to see some different scenery. I generally don’t keep fish so I’m not worried about that side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X