Magothy River Trifecta, Wednesday, June 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magothy River Trifecta, Wednesday, June 10

Put in at the neighborhood access this morning at 8 am. Latched onto a couple of perch right outside of Spriggs Pond. Went into the Pond and woke up a feisty chain pickeral who was hanging out near a downed tree in shady water. Pedaled back into the river and headed up to Ferry Point where I caught a nice sized catfish in about 3 feet of water. Water temp was in mid-70’s, but dirty. The perch were caught on spinners, the catFish on a green paddle tail with jig head, and the pickeral hit a fake minnow with a spinner in it. Al “Magothyman”
    DE5B8476-4F7D-44D5-B71A-11599255CB41.jpg2D16DB30-D2B1-4DCF-AEF1-A01D76D6CAEA.jpg

That's a nice pickerel! I caught my first tidal pickerel in the Severn a couple weeks ago and they were tiny.
    Dave

2021 Hobie Outback Camo
    2013 Native Slayer Hidden Oak

Comment

I live in Arnold close to the Magothy. Are there any community launches outside of Beachwood Park that i can get the yak in the water. Not asking for specific spots just areas to get in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Str8 Yakkin View Post
        I live in Arnold close to the Magothy. Are there any community launches outside of Beachwood Park that i can get the yak in the water. Not asking for specific spots just areas to get in the water.
        Look at Spriggs farm park

https://www.aacounty.org/locations-a...on-the-magothy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice hat trick! The pickeral have eluded me on the kayak thus far. I wanted to try for them this past winter, but never got around to it. I'll have to keep them in mind. Thanks for the report.
          Tight lines
          Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
          Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
          Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
          Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Originally posted by brianisoutside View Post
            Look at Spriggs farm park

https://www.aacounty.org/locations-a...on-the-magothy

Thanks. I’ll go check it out tomorrow