Western Shore Crabs (13 June 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Shore Crabs (13 June 2020)

Had a good first crabbing trip of the year with Yakscientist on Saturday. We launched really early hoping to barter chicken necks with the mighty crab gods for some sweet crustaceans in our bushel baskets. Most of the trip was a learning curve for us and just shaking the rust off, but we caught some crabs! I started off in about 5-7' of water with a sandy bottom, which wasn't producing many crabs (6-7 keepers). I looked for some muddy bottom in another area in 9' of water and that produced way more crabs than earlier in the morning. I ended up with almost a half bushel (37 total). We were each running 600' of chicken necks. It was nice to run into MOC and discuss tactics while we were out there.

IMG_4798.jpg
    IMG_4796.jpg
    J

PERCH CRAB!!!!!

Nice haul
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Yes, it was good meeting you out on the water. We found the crabs when we moved our lines further up river from the sandy bottom. We too baited our lines with chicken necks. They seemed to be on 8 feet of water for us. We ended up the day with 147 keeper crabs between me and Eric.
      MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
      2016 Hobie Outback LE
      Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
      https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

They look like some good crabs! I think I need to go crabbing soon myself.
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X