Patuxent perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patuxent perch

The solarluna table looked good this morning for the Patuxent River. Launched at Jefferson Patterson Park around 6:15 a.m. and got into the perch right away. The high tide had them pushed against the plentiful rock structures along the shoreline. Using a chartreuse 1/4 oz Perch Pounder, I caught a nice mess of perch, some approaching 12". These plus at least an equal number of throwbacks were caught in less than an hour. Hated to leave them biting but had jobs to do.

IMG_0374.jpg

Good Deal! That Chartreuse Perch Pounder is money right now! Thanks for a great report and the picture.

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

There are several perch pounders out there. Are you talking about Capt Berts?
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Yep, Capt.Bert’s Chartreuse perch pounders are a “go to” lure for our area White Perch in stained water. When the water clarity is pretty clear I choose white...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks Ron.
          John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
          MK Endura Max 55 backup power
          Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I was looking at the JPP website and map,, Where they show on the map it does not look like you can get close to the water?? maybe 50-100'??
            Can you launch from the "point" at the south end of the park?

Also, website says they open at 7:30,, can you launch earlier??

Originally posted by Jacksoncuda12 View Post
            The solarluna table looked good this morning for the Patuxent River. Launched at Jefferson Patterson Park around 6:15 a.m. and got into the perch right away. The high tide had them pushed against the plentiful rock structures along the shoreline. Using a chartreuse 1/4 oz Perch Pounder, I caught a nice mess of perch, some approaching 12". These plus at least an equal number of throwbacks were caught in less than an hour. Hated to leave them biting but had jobs to do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26388[/ATTACH]
            Captian of the plastic Navy
            1 - Mad River Canoes
            1- Tarpon 120
            1- Redfish 10
            1- Coosa HD
            2- Cuda 12
            1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Jppm

Originally posted by Slackdaddy View Post
              I was looking at the JPP website and map,, Where they show on the map it does not look like you can get close to the water?? maybe 50-100'??
              Can you launch from the "point" at the south end of the park?

Also, website says they open at 7:30,, can you launch earlier??
              The gate was open at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday. I think the gate is open according to the season. If you enter the first gate, signage will get you to the kayak launch.

Comment

Working...
              X