Severn perch and cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn perch and cats

Launched from Jonas Green at around 6 this AM. I fished til 11 for perch, had a great time using bignose spinners, caught about 50 fish, pretty much all in the 8-9 inch size. I promised the girls a fish dinner so kept some, but mainly had a great time catching
    lots of fish for a change. I did also hook 2 5ish lb channel cats-as many have said before, tons of fun on an ultralight rod. I dropped the stringer off in my cooler around 11 and trolled some hard baits around with no results, and decided to pack it in around 1. A great day on the water for me.

I also witnessed a catamaran sailboat run its mast into the bridge under motored power- i was too far away to see if there was any damage but it hit pretty hard and lifted the front half of the hulls out of the water. They reversed and motored away pretty quickly, hope everything is ok.
    -Justin

Sounds like a good day and bonus action.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Glad to hear the Severn produced for you this morning.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sounds like a very productive morning. My wife and I fished the Severn for perch yesterday morning for a few hours and had similar results, minus the catfish. The vast majority were in the same 8-9” range, but we did have several over 10” and one at 12”. They’ve certainly moved into their normal summertime spots.
        Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Good to hear, glad you found some pullage!
          Used to fish more.

Comment

The state built a taller bridge there just for the sailboats....
            & they just keep building taller masts on those sailboats.

Comment

Working...
            X