Curtis creek 7/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis creek 7/29

Haven't but out much but I'm glad I did today. Trolled a beetle spin on the way to some shady docks. Kept catching little croaker and perch. The size never picked up. I decided to bring the rod in and just head over towards the docks. I caught my biggest perch of the day almost right when I pulled up to the docks. A chunky 9". I typically use a light rod with 6lb test but the reel is trashed so took the UL out with 4lb. The larger perch were fun then the size seemed to shrink. I decided to troll around the point towards the beach bar and got myself into a little set of small stripers. I started up again when the line really dipped. I thought I was snagged and then I could feel it coming towards me. I thought I got a CNR once it realized it was hooked it ran. I couldn't believe how much line whatever this thing was taking. I got myself pointing towards him and gave myself na couple strokes at him to catch up. He would chill get a little close then run again. It finally gave some color and I could tell it was a catfish. I thought it was a blue. It disappeared again and went under and to the other side of my kayak. I was able to get him close enough but was super worried about breaking the line getting him out. I almost forgot that I brought my fish grabbers and I'm really glad I did. A really nice channel cat. It was most likely my PB or close. I let him go after a few pics and went to get a drink. After 2 crushes I decided it was top water time. I headed straight back trolling the plopper on the way. I heard a splash and the rod jumped pretty solid. A striper not big but fun enough. Trolled along a little longer with 2 more splashes and but no rod movement. I was ready to head it and caught 4 species one being my best on 4lb. When I landed there was a problem. My ride was VERY heavy. It was filled with water. I went to drain it and found a hole in the bottom. I've had it for a very long time and I'm not surprised. Hopefully I can repair since I'm still saving for an upgrade. Hope everyone stays safe.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the report. Good job landing the cat. Great to see a variety of species during one trip.

Comment

Nice Report and Nice Pics
      A Curtis Creek Slam! Way to go

Yak67
      2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
      2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
      X