Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodhands Creek 08/10/2020

***EDIT*** 08/09/2020

Had the opportunity to fish out of Goodhands Creek yesterday with my wife and two friends. The friend has recently started kayak fishing after watching and waiting for me to fish when we go on our sightseeing tours with the wives. We launched around 7:45 to an incoming tide. On my first cast with a beetle spin/white grub, I caught a 14 in striper in the creek. The my wife and friends immediately started catching white perch and baby stripers. They had a blast. We worked the shorelines catching fish the entire time, and made it all the way out to the breakwater, and caught a bunch more there. I might have created a monster - my wife is interested in fishing more - it's one of the few mutual hobbies we have together.

We caught countless 8 inch white perch, a lot smaller, and a couple up to 10 inches. On the way back to the creek from the breakwall, I was trolling a 4 inch chartreuse paddle tail and hooked up with two more 12"+ stripers. At one point, there were tiny juvenile stripers crashing bait at the bank, and one literally jumped into my friends kayak! If I were by myself and had the usual 6-7 hours to invest in targeting stripers, I think it would have been a good day doing that too. But it was nice to enjoy the day with friends that are new to kayak fishing.

My favorite quote of the day from my wife - "Is it like that all the time, I mean do you always catch that many fish?" To which I replied "Well usually I do...why do you think I do it so much!"

We had a nice lunch at the Narrows Restaurant, completing a wonderful day on the bay. Gosh, I really love the fact that, as Marylanders, we have access to such a vast array of resources to enjoy.

Cheers,

Steve
    Bel Air, MD
    Last edited by belairfishing; 08-10-2020, 02:18 PM.
    2015 Hobie Revolution 13
    2016 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Great Report Steve. Way to put those new folks on the fish! Good place to introduce Newbies to the sport.

You have created a "Monster". LOL a Good One

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice report. I was out there today and I couldn’t find stripers in any of the usual spots I frequently catch keeper sized stripers. Juvenile stripers were a frequent by catch of white perch. White perch were plentiful almost everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X