Patapsco River-Southwest Area Park Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco River-Southwest Area Park Launch

Launched at Southwest Area Park around noon and Paddled up the Patapsco Aug 27 with a dozen minnows to see what fish were interested. 2 small rockfish, 2 smallmouth bass, 3 nice sized catfish. It’s a quiet and at times scenic area in Baltimore.
    LC3

I've launched from there a couple of times, probably over 3 decades ago.. Did you get up as far as the Belle Grove ponds, AKA: gravel pits? Back then I'd catch about the same as you did, except add in several smallish crappies and sunfish and one pickerel. I was worried that the take-out of Bloedes Dam, a couple of years ago, might have loaded up the river with huge quantities of sediments that had accumulated behind the dam. The ponds are fairly heavily fished from shore.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

No Sneakheads?
      Are looks good to fish,, But I worked in the area 15 years ago, it was a little sketchy back then.
      Captian of the plastic Navy
      1 - Mad River Canoes
      1- Tarpon 120
      1- Redfish 10
      1- Coosa HD
      2- Cuda 12
      1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Slackdaddy View Post
        No Sneakheads?
        Are looks good to fish,, But I worked in the area 15 years ago, it was a little sketchy back then.
        When I would fish there 3 decades ago it was sketchy back then. Reports that occasionally fisherman would came back to take out and find that their tow-vehicle would no longer have a catalytic converted... it would be sawed off. I didn't have any problems back then but then I was driving an old jalopy at the time that wouldn't be worth sawing anything off of it.

Also remember back then that on rare years a few nice stripers could be caught in the ponds that had followed spawning herring as they ascended the Patapsco. I haven't heard anything about stripers since then.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
        X