Odd day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd day

Took advantage of favorable winds today to fish Piney Point. Things started off weird when I was loading my trailer I heard a very loud, almost child like, yell coming from my side yard, perhaps 75 feet away. Spooked the heck out of me. When I got home I listened to a coyote call, same thing. Glad it didn’t rush me, hadn’t had my coffee yet.

Launched at 6 to a very strong tide and a giant full moon. Nothing was biting, I don’t like full moons. Finally after 30 minutes or so I pulled in a lizard fish on a paddle tail. My first lizard of the year.

Decided to try for puppy so went to sod banks and put on white gulp. Sure enough I caught a lizard fish. No puppy around the banks. Went to a flat area with rocks on bottom and finally found a puppy and a couple perch. On the way back I stopped at a deep water edge, dropped a metal jig and caught another lizard fish. Three completely different lures, three completely different habitats and after not catching any all year a trifecta of lizards.

The crab boats were out in force and a few of the recreational folks were already out being goof balls. Think I might wait till next week to go out again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Mike,

Your coyote story is interesting.

I recently read that coyotes are now in each of the lower 48 states. Their expansion across the continent has been remarkable. They're highly adaptable to their environment. They're even in New York City. The more we've tried to eradicate them the faster they've reproduced. I've yet to see one here in Pasadena but others have sighted them locally. I just wish they would attain a taste for the deer that treat my gardens like a salad bar.

Lizard fish bring a whole lot of ugly with them in my opinion. I don't think I've ever caught one here in the Mid-Bay region. I've caught them in the Southern Bay and in FL. Their bodies seem very dense to me -- heavy for their size.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

My son last week. Said dad there was something like fox but bigger outside. He said his dog spotted it first and he went to look. Said it had a brown tinted color but couldn't make it out that well in the dark. I have seen large foxes around but even then they are no larger then a small dog. I live in the Dena as well. I guess I'll keep an eye out. Not to worried about them messing with us to much but still would like to know if ones around when I got to work at 4am still waking up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot and killed one four or five years ago in my yard outside of Waldorf...(legal on my property to shoot my firearms)...thought I missed at first as it ran off...next day buzzards led me to it in the woods about forty yards from where I shot at it...The .17HMR did it in...big bushy tail...long snout with wicked looking teeth...about 40 pounds or so...
        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
        X