Freshwater Stripers at Rocky Gorge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshwater Stripers at Rocky Gorge?

I have been fishing Rocky Gorge since the early 70's. I have never seen a striped bass, but I have heard a lot of stories. Does anyone have any experience catching stripers at Rocky Gorge? Perhaps I am not fishing deep enough or my reluctance to use a depth finder are not helping.

Are they real?

Thank you,

UnkleRob2020 - COVID-19 positive for 18 days. Hoping to go fishing to Nanjemoy in 10 days if I am cleared by the doctor.

Thanks all,

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ht=rocky+gorge

Comment

Mike. No, I wasn't using micro jigs. I am embarrased to admit that I do not really know how to jig fish, like I hear about at the 3 piling of the bay bridge. I grew up fishing with live bait.

The reason why i asked the question is I have a vendor at work that claims to catch them and has floated a promise to take me. Truth be told, I don't know how to read structure on a DF, I don't know how to jig bucktails, I don't know how to fish weedlessly so hydrilla is a back breaker to me.

I am willling to join people, hire guides, watch videos and whatever i have to do to continue my education for this passion.

I have a lot of health issues and getting back into fishing has helped me connect to nature and my childhood in a magical way. If I can stop feeling like a victim I may find I have lots of good fishing years left.

A weekend day on the Severn with the help of many Snaggedliners advice, reminded me of the joys of a good day on the water.

I thank everyone and wish you the best.

Comment

I’ve tried fishing for stripers in Triadelphia with no luck. I know people who have caught them, but it seems like consistently catching bigger stripers in any of the local reservoirs takes a while to master. Personally, if I was going to target stripers, I’d stick with the Severn or Kent Island launches.
        Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
        X