St Jerome’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jerome’s

John Veil made the long trip south and we fished St Jerome’s during a mostly slack tide. I was there to try for flounder. Did land a 15” one but that was it. They never really came in like past years. I soon landed a 14” puppy and radio reports had puppies up to 17” being caught. The big surprise was the super high quality trout still hanging around. Five caught when I left, all 18-22”. Here’s Ron with the 22.

Top water bite never materialized but we caught plenty of stripers up to 20” today. Zman Sexy Mullet was the go to color today. Glad to see John getting the quality puppy drum and hopefully a trout after we left

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Awesome report. We've been hit or miss, on the other side as of late. I hope to get out this weekend sometime.
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Redfish are hard to find in my home waters of the Severn. I caught two of them all summer long, and they were about 12" long. This morning was a delightful step up in size class for me. I caught four reds ranging from about 15" to over 17", plus about a dozen stripers. All fish were caught while trolling in shallow water (<4 ft). I cannot recall ever catching reds on the troll before, so that was another bonus. Ron had the hot stick for specks today. I put in nearly five hours of fishing but could not find any specks.

Here are the three largest reds. They all sported a blue edge on their tails.

2020-09-24-002.jpg 2020-09-24-001.jpg 2020-09-24-003.jpg

Thanks to Mike, Ron, and Doug for sharing their local waters with me. You are fortunate to have a wide array of species to target.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
      X