09-27-20 report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09-27-20 report

Took advantage of the nice weather and time off to launch at noon yesterday, to fish the falling tide into sunset. I launched with a buddy and then another friend joined us around 3PM. I was mostly trolling, with some casting. I started with a pink perch pounder and a 1/2 oz. boxing glove with chartreuse hair and a glow paddle tail. The perch pounder produced all day, but I had to switch to a 1/2oz. red jig head and pink glitter belly to get any action on my second rod. The day started with nice sized white perch and schoolie rockfish. We did encounter puppy drum up to 14" about two hours after the tide started falling and had some less frequent speckled trout hook ups. Largest spec was 18". Into our sixth hour on the water, about 30 minutes from sunset, on the way back to the dock I got a small hit. Reeled it in to find a new "first time caught from a kayak" personal best black sea bass. A small guy, only about 8". I know we can find them in the waters around here and that others have caught them, but I've only ever targeted them on offshore charters in +250' water. This one was caught in about 5-7' FOW! Stay safe out there, the water is starting to get cooler. 20200927_183511.jpg
    Tight lines
    Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
    Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
    Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
    Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Nice job catching multiple species!

Comment

Won’t be long before the specks leave. Been a great year for them.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
      X