Speck-tacular Lower Shore Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speck-tacular Lower Shore Trip

I decided to take a last-minute trip to the lower Eastern Shore yesterday afternoon. The wind and tides looked good, and I was able to take off the entire afternoon. The weather was picture-perfect, but fishing for the first 3.5 hours was slow. Plenty of small stripers and trout around, but nothing of any real size. Then, about an hour before sunset, it was keeper-sized specks on every cast. I had my limit in 20 minutes. The fish were fat and feisty. I even had one jump all the way out of the water. I was pretty far from the launch, so I headed back after half an hour. This certainly make the almost 3 hour drive home a little more bearable. All were caught on 4” bass assassins on a 1/4 oz Zman Trout Eye jighead.

55D8695B-ED92-4E45-8F3E-0EF200E46E4A.jpg F58FC182-C799-468F-86EE-8FCC7820CC9D.jpg B4CAEA60-B173-4BAA-91FB-6DD4C2DC2AC0.jpg 79080732-1899-4D3E-B857-640BFC1E5545.jpg
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Great trip Joe
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

It has been the best Speckled Trout season I can remember...ever...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Nice report. Those are some fat fish.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Those are some really nice specks!

Comment

You can really clean up on them this time of year when you find them schooled up. Congrats on great trip and thanks for sharing.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
              You can really clean up on them this time of year when you find them schooled up. Congrats on great trip and thanks for sharing.
              The hard part was finding them. I put it a lot of time and effort, but it was certainly worth it in the end.
              Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
              X