Piney Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point

Fished Piney Point this morning with Rugbyfish. Launched around 645 hoping for topwater. No topwater but the stripers we’re willing. We caught lots of high quality fish, up to 23” stripers and Joe had trout dialed in, catching 4 if you count the monster he lost at the boat. The trout wanted Limetreuse, I was using pearl and no trout love for me. We came off around 10 and the ramp was double stacked with boats headed out.

18” trout

The day before I fished Breton Bay and kept a 22” fish for a friend. The are fattening up on 6” bunker right now, this fish had 4 of these in its stomach.

Now is the time to get out, won’t be long before most of us tuck our kayaks in bed for the winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Nice going Mike and Joe. Large stripers and trout are a treat.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Stripers are eating machines!

Looks like that menhaden was hit from behind.

Congrats on a good outing guys.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I had a blast fishing with Mike this morning. He’s certainly dialed in on the productive fall locations. He was on fish right away this morning. The water temperature today was 66 degrees, seems to be cooling down quickly.
        Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
        X