Slow Day in Prospect Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Day in Prospect Bay

I’ve had a few excellent trips over the past couple weeks, so I figured I was due for a slow one. I spent a couple hours after work in Prospect Bay, covering a lot of water of all different depths. It was a beautiful evening with no one else around, but I only managed two shorts. Water temperature was 67 degrees, but there wasn’t much bait around.

D346F2B4-58E9-41E5-998C-03F33B498FB2.jpg E56E5771-94DC-4A35-81E9-FA43BAA800B0.jpg
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

I fished in Prospect Bay twice last week. On Sunday, I had a very productive day trolling in shallow water. I returned on Friday and struggled to find many fish in the places where they had been abundant a few days earlier. I moved to a different spot where I had not been on Sunday and caught a strong 23" striper in 2.5 ft water depth. It pulled my 11' kayak 360 deg before I could get it in.

2020-08-11-001.jpg

Each day is different. Water level, tidal current, and weather can make a difference. I tried a southern MD trip a day after your successful trip there -- the fishing was very slow for us.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

That’s how fall has been for me the last few years. Some days fishing is incredible, other days I can’t buy a bite. I’m glad you had some success over there.
      Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

I plan on fishing out of good hands creek into prospect Bay Thurs. but will not finish until about 2 pm until 6 pm looks like 230 is low tide. Is it worth fishing low tide in this bay? How do the fish react to the low/ initial incoming tide? Or should I fish elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had success on both incoming and outgoing tides. As long as it is moving, you have a shot. There’s no way to tell if the fish will be there or not, but it’s always worth a shot in my opinion.
          Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Working...
          X