PLO Slam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLO Slam

With the other reports I feel that I am just piling on...which is a good thing.
    Made the two hour drive this morning and fished PLO. Got on the water early enough for the sunrise, beautiful morning on the water.
    Made it out to the point - First fish of the day was a keeper rockfish that I let go - respect the first fish
    Caught a few smaller fish and then jigged up a beautiful 19" red...my target species., I trolled around the flat for awhile and went back to the spot I caught the red, started throwing a 4" paddle tail (green sparkle) and landed a feisty 20" speck.
    I went back to trolling the rip and landed a healthy 22" rockfish, the Red and the trout were returned to the bay...the Rockfish was not as lucky.

Hopefully I attached the pictures correctly
    Chris -

redish.jpgtrout.jpgIMG_0385 (002).jpg

Now that's an impressive trio.

Congratulations.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great catches.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

The sunrise today was very cool. Some days the fishing gods take pity on our poor souls and toss us a bone. Yesterday was a nice big bone, glad you found some quality fish.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nicely done! Those are some pretty fish.
          Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

As you can see in all our pictures, the Speckled Trout bellies are not as big and bloated as last month and before...meaning they have spawned and passed on their genes to the next generation. The two I brought home (that we had for supper last night) had spawned and the egg sacs were empty. Makes me feel better about harvesting them. Congratulations on a Southern Slam...a big keeper Flounder or a big white perch would have been a Super Slam...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Wow. Great pics! Nice fishing in those more southern waters. Makes me want to make the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW! Those are some very impressive fish. Well done.
                PASADENA
                2018 VIBE SEA GHOST 130- TEAM ORANGE

INSTAGRAM - @duff_dynasty1

Comment

Good work and congrats on the Chesapeake Bay slam!! I got mine in June fishing with Walleye Pete. Yours is even sweeter on the yak.
                  Hobie Outback
                  WS Tarpon
                  IG: #liveyakfish

Comment

This was my third attempt at PLO, such a nice fishery. My first trip I hooked up with Gary and he pointed me in the right direction and I caught a nice Spanish Mac. Second trip was only 40 minutes as I had an emergency at home and had to leave...this time I had more time and was able to dial it in a bit. Besides catching these three I caught about two dozen (smaller) Stripers. Hopefully I can find a window for one more trip this season��

Comment

excellent photos of the fish. That is nice you only take what you need.
                      MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
                      2016 Hobie Outback LE
                      Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Comment

Good Deal! Great pictures and some really nice catches. That trip was well worth it.

Yak67-Gary
                        2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
                        2019 Hobie Outback

Comment

Awesome catches
                          Oldtown Sportsman 120 PDL

Comment

Working...
                          X