Keeper bass on Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper bass on Severn

Caught about 30 stripers by the bridge. Only two keeper size. Brought home this beefcake. Only went 22” but was so thick. Nice filters for the broiler. Adjustments.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice fish. I’m sure those filters taste fine, I prefer a filet.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice going. There are stripers in the Severn system. The keeper-sized ones I have caught in the past few weeks were inside creeks and ponds. But at some point they will leave those tributaries and move into the main stem river before heading out to the bay. There are abundant opportunities to catch stripers, but you may need to move around.

A local Severn-based fishing club (the Severn River Rod and Keg Club or SRRKC) is holding a month long Rocktoberfest tournament for fish caught within the Severn system. Quite a few stripers over 20" have been entered so far, with a few of them in the upper 20s. I personally do not fish tournaments, but have caught a 24" and several 23" fish recently.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice catches
        Oldtown Sportsman 120 PDL

Comment

Working...
        X