St Jeromes Creek Sat 10/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jeromes Creek Sat 10/23

Took the family out today and launched just after sunrise. Tide was still coming in a bit. 98% of our fish came via trolling the creek out to the inlet. Very surprised we didn't catch schoolies in the inlet. It used to be automatic. It was a great day to be out with my wife and daughter but the catching was meh. Fish consisted of small specks and one weakfish. A buddy of mine worked the creek a little harder and caught perch, puppy drum, keeper speck, and a striper.

Has the fishing died after the inlet channel maintenance or is it just hit or miss? I used to have better success there.
    Hobie Outback
    WS Tarpon
    IG: #liveyakfish

I’ve fished St Jerome’s at least 15 times this year. It’s our feast or famine spot. In June and July it was almost automatic for trout and some stripers. Since then you could have a skunk day or a feast day, and have them on back to back days. The striper bite was never fantastic this year. We’d find them at daybreak and then they’d vanished and the size was generally not what you hope for. The flounder bite was also way off as well.

Such is the cycle of fishing. I don’t think the dredge work changed much, the channel still only 5’ deep and as wide as a straw. I personally think all the rain made the creek and immediate area a lower salinity spot that didn’t draw as much bait as past years. Part of the challenge.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
    X