Fishing Report for Southern Maryland 10-28-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Report for Southern Maryland 10-28-2020

I had a rare Wednesday off of work. Unfortunately, I was not able to fish with the SMOG group this time, but myself and another Snaggedliner, John, Went down to Piney Point to fish for specks. The weather and wind predictions were great. We made it down to Piney Point and began fishing around 8:30am. Within 10 minutes I hooked up with several small stripers up to 16 inches. We covered a lot of water searching for keeper size fish. We went to the mouth of the river and something big hit line. It began peeling drag. When I got it close to the boat, it turned out to be a big fat speckle trout. My biggest for year. It was just shy of 24 inches. I missed a citation by 1/8th of an inch. John and I continued fishing until 4pm. We left the fish biting. It was the best day that I have had fishing at Piney Point on from my kayak. I ended up catching two speckle trout, a 24 inch fat striped bass, seven 10.5 inch white perch, 18 inch red drum, and a small flounder that was released. Most fish were caught in 3 to 6 feet of water. The were caught on a 1/8 or 1/4 inch jig head with a 4 inch paddle tail. I was using 10 pound braid on my reels. John also brought home white perch, and caught several speckle trout, short redfish, and a 19 inch rockfish.

Thanks again to Ron on Sanggedline for helping me decide what body of water to focus on, on my day off.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moc; 10-30-2020, 12:27 PM.
    MOC a.k.a. "Machburner the Crab Whisperer"
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    Kayak Crabbing since 2011 and Snaggedline member since 2009
    https://www.youtube.com/user/machburner

Congratulations on a successful trip. That area has been hot recently.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Awesome report and pictures! That stringer is full!
      <MIKE>
      Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
      Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

Comment

Wow, you had a fantastic day there Moc. Those perch are pretty nice too.
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Thanks for the report, Moc! That's quite a haul of fish. That striper looks tubby.

Comment

Working...
          X