Final St. mary's trip of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final St. mary's trip of 2020

Overall 2020 has been my most ever productive kayak fishing...end of story! Could not write a better result if I tried. It has been an unparalleled successful year for me! The primary reason are the southern species...caught my first keeper flounder in several years, three Speckled Trout over 23 inches...dozens of 20 inchers...booku giant White Perch, several stripers over 26 inches and many, many over 19 (all released)..a 19 inch redfish...lots of redfish...released...Cutlass fish that Mike taught me were very good to eat...lots of ugly lizardfish...In an otherwise horrible year, fishing has been exception to me...so it was only fitting that yesterday Bill and I hit Piney Point for my last of the year St. Mary's County kayak trip...launched at daylight...trolled out to the gas docks some 1.5 miles to Tall Timbers inlet and back to the bridge, over to Goose Point (1.5 miles) and then over to Cherryfield point and back and forth along the channel edges...Pulled everything in the tackle box...Bill got the skunk off with an 18 on white Gulp and followed up with a dink...nearly five hours and 10.5 miles logged on the GPS, I ended my season with my first skunk in months...a really fitting ending that left a big smile on my face...not at all disappointed...it is supposed to happen!
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Ron,

You had a memorable year on the water. Congratulations.

On land, it was another matter for most of us. Thank goodness kayak fishing provided a safe escape from the pandemic.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

It would not have been so great without my buddies...Big Mike, Yak 67(Gary), Bill, Moc and Doug...sharing our experiences, sharing the secrets of lures, locations, techniques and giving so freely of the most valuable commodity in the world- their time...thank you All for a memorable experience! Let's do it again next year!
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
      X