OC Back Bay Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Back Bay Surprise

My wife and I rented a condo in Ocean City this week for a change of scenery. With a good weather forecast, I decided to bring the kayaks. I launched Saturday morning to an outgoing tide and light winds. I landed a fat 22” striper right away, and proceeded to catch a few more schoolies. Fish were scattered across the flats with no real obvious pattern. I switched to some deeper water and had a nice hit. I was very surprise when I pulled an 18.5” speck up to the surface. With the water at 53 degrees, I certainly wasn’t expecting a speck, but I was happy to get one. All fish were released.

9ACCEF56-02E8-4AF4-B60F-A3EA286E9E10.jpg 5127FA64-C908-40C6-B9D2-9478C395EAB5.jpg
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Nice chunky fish. I'm glad you got some. It's a while since I've caught a spec behind OC, so good job!
    Brian

Comment

Inching closer to that 20” mark. That speck certainly is a surprise catch.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Congratulations. Visiting different parts of Maryland can expand our catching success.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice job! Awesome to seeing a spec.
          Tight lines
          Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
          Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
          Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
          Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

Working...
          X