Spa Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spa Creek

I work in Annapolis and to get away from the working world I frequent Amos Garrett Park. Thursday morning around 930-10am I rode pass to the park and happen to catch what looked like a fisherman on a kayak coming from the back of spa creek headed towards Truxton Park. So if you are reading this and we’re that person on the kayak please if you would so kindly respond and let us know how you made out? Did you catch anything? How was the paddle? What were you using? Etc. Thanks

If you saw a camo Ultimate FX kayak, that was me. I launched about 9:30 and was targeting Pickerel. I was throwing my 7wt flyrod with an Articulated Crystal Bugger. It has been 2-3 years since visiting Truxton-just wanted to get in one more outing in 2020 and wanted to stay local. I went to the cove on the right and had a few strikes, but no hookups. I then paddled around to the cove on the left with no success. This area didn’t look very good to hold Pickerel as opposed to the cove on the right. There is too much development here. Went back to the first cove for a second try with no success. A friend of mine has landed Pickerel in this cove, but was using a spinning rod. No hookups,but as they say “A day on the water is better than not”.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Yes sir that’s what it looked like to me. I’ve tried the left cove with no success also. The right cove is a little more promising. Never caught pickerel in either areas. Only caught one jigging by the dock. To tell the truth I wasn’t even fishing. The lure was in the water while I was untying a birds nest on my reel. As I started reeling the line in, I felt weight and lo and behold a 14inch pickerel was on the other end. He was so riled up he released himself from the hook and landed on the pier. The impact knocked him unconscious. I attempted to revive him. Looked like He came around. I released him only to watch him float. A lady came down to the pier and said hi. Was really hoping she wouldn’t say anything about about the floating fish. And she didn’t. About 5 minutes after she left he came back around and swam off strong!

Any day on the water is a great day. Not unless you get caught in a storm. You picked a good morning to go. Hope next time you land something.

Comment

Working...
      X